About Indian E-Tourist Visa Online
Tourism in India is something to look upon in the name of price or wide range of places. Therefore Indian government has taken quite few measures to ensure that any foreign person will not have to face problems in getting visa. The whole has been turned into online and anyone can apply for visa whether it's for Tourism, short-term medical treatment or per say Business. Depending on the purpose of applying the visa, the applicants can apply in any visa categories. As the name, the whole process is online and applicant is notified via e-mail about the status of their visas. However, for visa approval, the applicant must have valid passport and also with approval letter from its respective country that will allow him to leave the country and travel. The whole process of approval of visa is the sole responsibility of authority of India. They have the sole power to approval or deny the applicant's visa if deemed unfit accordingly.
In order to make foreign people travel hassle free while applying for visa, the E-visa has proved to be quite a landmark service started by government of India. Any traveller must have valid passport and valid visa holder in order to begin their travel across India. Tourist when arrive in India can start their journey and travel for maximum 60 days from the date of entry of arrival.
Fee Related Terms
Generally, the fee of E-visa process is USD 150.00 for the span of 4 days. The whole process must be within 180 days from the date of applying for visa application. The fee must be paid 4 days prior to date of travel to ensure the process the visa. However, for urgent applying of visa additional charge of USD 290.00 is need to be paid. The payment can be done via any debit/credit card.
There are certain documents that are needed for the approval of Visa, these are:
- The passport must be official and having at least six-months validity while travelling across India.
- The requirement of having minimum blank of two-pages of passport in order of stamping by immigration officer.
- The applicant must be having sufficient amount of money so that he can travel accordingly.
- The foreign travellers can be asked for having return ticket or possibility of having an further journey ticket at the airport.
- In case of Business travels, the applicant must be having required business card or letter from the company approving reason of travel.
- And, in case of medical travel, the applicant must have hospital orders confirming the need to travel for pursuing treatment.
- Each individual must have separate visa in order to travel in India which must be granted by having valid passports.
- The applicant must have passport with alteast six-month validity and minimum of two blank pages in order of stamping.
- The travellers must be having valid reason to travel whether it is for sole purpose of travelling, sight-seeing or for the matter of Business and need for medical treatment.
- The applicant must be having return ticket or onward journey ticket and also having ample amount of money to suffice their stay at India.
- The travellers from Pakistan or having Pakistan passport can apply for regular visa at India Mission.
E-visa facility is available for holders of passport of following countries
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China- SAR Hongkong, China- SAR Macau, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent & the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos Island, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India. Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.
E-visa is valid for entry through 24 designated airports in India
Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi) and 3 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore). However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.